OpenElectronics day on soldering, simple electronics, robots, raspberry pi, talks at Temporary Arts Project, Southend with Chelmsford Makerspace and Southend Techmeet.
Join us at TAP for a day of Open Electronics:
- Come along and try your hand at soldering
- Discover how to use LEDs to create patterns
- Pick up ideas for your own building projects
- Dip into our demo programme of robotics and other building projects
- Listen to what’s hot, new and exciting in Raspberry Pi and Arduino groups
- Meet other makers, share tips and hints, pick up ideas for your own projects
SoSLUG, Chelmsford Maker Space and Southend Techmeet’s interactive day celebrates all things Open Source and Electronic with a range of demonstrations and talks alongside a full programme of exhibits and activities.
All free of charge! Why not come and see what you can do?
- Create light shows with Raspberry Pi/Arduino and learn how to control fans, lights, etc in your house through this amazing little computer
- Make your own, permanent circuitry with our soldering workshops – your components will never fall off again
- Discover intriguing new Breadboard and Vero Board making projects
- Basic robotics with PiBOT and Sparkfun
- LED Cubes: make your own patterns and timing in 3D – or make your Cube respond to sounds, music, light levels or buttons – all programmed by you
- Banana keyboards – or jelly babies, apples, toys – anything, in fact! Learn how to programme a Raspberry or Arduino to “sense” when a human is touching something, using our natural electric conductivity and use that as a keyboard
- SpokePOV: Use LEDs to create designs and patterns on bicycle wheels, and take away some ideas to customise your bike
Talks and demonstrations about robotics, ranging from the large to small, showcasing Raspberry Pi/Arduino and modular synthesizers and music-making